Holiday Eggnog Yule Log Recipe
Hello friends! The Confidante Miami Beach released a recipe for their holiday Eggnog Yule Log! I can't quite make it down to Miami to try it at their restaurant, Bird & Bone, but I'm really looking forward to trying it for Christmas Day dessert!
Ingredients (Yields 12 servings):
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- 3 tsp bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 cups pastry cream
- 2 cup Ganache
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate
- Meringue Mushrooms to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 half sheet trays with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray.
- Sift flour into a medium bowl add baking powder, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- On a double boiler combine the eggs, brown sugar and salt, whisk until warm.
- Transfer to a stand mixer, whisk on medium speed for 5 minutes until foamy and light, turn to high speed until ribbony and thick.
- Reduce speed to medium, drizzle oil followed by the booze and vanilla. Sprinkle flour and gently incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Spread on baking sheets and bake until it feels firm to the touch about 15 min, take out and cover with aluminum foil immediately.
- Cool down at room temperature.
- Filling and shaping the cake:
- Combine all filling ingredients and warm to spreadable consistency.
- Remove the foil from the cake, spoon the filling evenly on to the cake leaving 1in margin all around the edges.
- Roll the cake starting from the long side using the parchment paper, position the rolled up cake seam side down.
- Cover the surface with more Ganache.
- Refrigerate until ganache has hardened.
- Cut 3 to 4in pieces on a bias.
- Decorate with meringue mushrooms.
Let me know if you try it! Don't forget to subscribe to get updates from my blog and follow me on social media!
Facebook: Just Me, Maddy